Distinguished DECA Member of the Month/Year Award
- Are you an active DECA member?
- Have you contributed time, energy, knowledge and caring to your chapter's program of work and to community involvement?
- Could you use a $500 scholarship toward your college education?
Answer yes to any of these and you should be applying for the Distinguished DECA Member of the Month Award.
Who is eligible? Any DECA member
What is judged? Your involvement in local, area, state and national activities
- Applications are on-line. Apply by the 15th of each month, from August to February.
- Be sure to complete all the appropriate application documentation and review before submitting.
- Check the Nebraska DECA web site, www.nedeca.org for updates and information.
- A committee selects a Distinguished DECA Member each month for the months of September, October, November, December, January and February.
- Each monthly winner will be notified no later than the first week of the month following the above stated deadline.
- The six monthly winners may send an updated award application before review by the selection committee no later than March 1.
- New applications or updated applications may be resubmitted on-line before the 15th of February in order to be considered for Member /Chapter of the Year.
- The Distinguished DECA Member of the Year and Distinguished DECA Chapter of the Year will be announced at the State Career Development Conference.
Click Here to Apply for the Member of the Month Award
Distinguished DECA Chapter of the Month/Year Award
The hard work of your chapter shouldn't go unnoticed. The Chapter of the Month award recognizes those chapters who truly exemplify the four points of the DECA diamond. By submitting a simple application, your chapter becomes eligible for the Chapter of the Month Award. And, if you win one of the monthly awards, you will vie for the highest honor a Nebraska DECA chapter can achieve…the Distinguished DECA Chapter of the Year.
Applications must be submitted no later than the 15th of each month. Applications will be reviewed by a select committee of business partners, alumni, and the Vice President of Membership Services. Six monthly winners will be selected (October, November, December, January, February, March). The six monthly winners may submit an updated application before final review for the Distinguished DECA Chapter of the Year. The Distinguished DECA Chapter of the Year will be announced at the Preliminary Awards Program of the Nebraska DECA Career Development Conference
Click Here to Apply for the Chapter of the Month Award.